Pages

Monday, January 18, 2010

JOY #3: middle-of-the-night inspiration


Man.

You know what definitely does not bring me much joy?
Food poisoning.
I had never experienced the wrath of this violent little sickness until last night, but let me assure you: not good.

I spent most of the night curled in a ball on my bathroom floor, alternately sweating and shivering, and I had enough energy this afternoon to answer the door when a little angel of a friend brought me some Gatorade, but other than that, I have been a big ball of weak since about 2:00 am this morning.

Despite that...
Sometimes I'm thankful for the times in my life when I really don't feel so great. Because sometimes, these sorts of lows (and they can be physical, emotional, mental or spiritual) make me stop and consider all that is good in so many other areas of my life.

Like ...
being hit with some middle-of-the-night inspiration for a new song.
That is something that always brings me joy.
:)

P.S. this footage really was taken last night... only I hadn't gotten sick quite yet.
And if you're wondering about the hair/clothing change ... at about 1:30, i felt an urge to take a shower, put on comfier clothes, and dry and straighten my hair.


No comments:

Post a Comment